DoshaFit® is a multi-dimensional approach to health. Using ancient Ayurvedic principles of body-mind typing and discerning mental attributes in the person, we are able to create exercise and lifestyle programs that not only make the person fitter and stronger, but may also help with creating wellness in other areas of their lives. Train Right For Your Type gives the tools for lasting health combining modern exercise and ancient Ayurvedic principles.
The concept of the body-mind constitution types and the nutrition and training model based upon it comes from Ayurveda, which is considered to be one of the oldest healing sciences in the world. Ayurveda is a Sanskrit word that translates to “Science of Life”, and this knowledge originated in India over 5000 years ago. It is often called mother of all healing.
DoshaFit™ introduces a foreign concept into what we know from our modern physical fitness research and education. Learning about the three constitutions, or Dosha’s, helps to use fitness exercises combined with Yoga Asana’s to optimize health and wellness.
In this CE workshop you will
- Learn about Ayurveda, the 5000 year old Health science
- Get to know the three constitutional types and learn how to identify them in yourself and your clients
- Learn how each type will benefit from different exercise programs
- Learn which time is the right time to train for each type
- Learn which Yoga postures (Asanas) are best suited for each time and how to incorporate them into a fitness program
- and how to customize a fitness, yoga, and lifestyle regime according to their individual strengths.
You will walk away with the tools you need to help yourself and your clients get the most out of their wellness and fitness program.
(Please indicate if you require a CE Certificate for BCRPA, YA, or CYA upon completion of assignment.)